Everything You Need To Know About ADA Automatic Doors
Automatic doors are an efficient, convenient way for customers to access your business, but they also provide an accessible entry point to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). These types of doors are often used in retail, healthcare and hospitality establishments where easy and quick access is a necessity.
Benefits of ADA Automatic Doors
- Cut down on energy consumption and can help reduce annual heating and cooling costs
- Convenience for your customers to easily access your building, particularly handicapped individuals
- Safety of your employees and customers
At least one door should be accessible at these types of locations:
- Each accessible entrance (at least 60% of public entrances in newly built facilities must be accessible to individuals who use wheelchairs or have mobility impairments).
- Each leased space in buildings with multiple businesses (i.e. a mall, etc.)
- Entrances to buildings from parking structures or garages
- Along each building’s required emergency escape routes
There are a variety of automatic door options available that are ADA compliant.
- Automatic swinging doors
- Automatic folding doors
- Automatic sliding doors
- Automatic rotating doors
Here’s what a Vortex customer had to share about their recent experience having an ADA automatic door installed at their business:
“Had ADA Automatic Door openers installed on doors in the senior living community I run. Vortex was quick to have someone come out and give me a quote and they were excellent with communication from beginning to end. Very transparent about everything during the entire process. The pricing is also very competitive. We will be working with them for any future door needs and I highly recommend. Thanks Team Vortex!!!” – Jessica P. (actual Vortex customer)
Vortex can help you assess which type of automatic door is the best solution for you and your business. We can also assist with providing a diagnostic and safety test of your system to quickly determine what repairs are needed. Once repairs are made you can be sure that we will notify you of any problem areas or if your doors do not comply with current AAADM safety standards to help protect you and help avoid any potential injuries to your Customers.
Fully Certified & Accredited Commercial Door Experts